The new substances include:
- (±)-1,7,7-trimethyl-3-[(4-methylphenyl) methylene]bicyclo[2.2.1] heptan-2-one, including any individual isomers and their combinations: 4-MBC is primarily used as a UV filter in sunscreens.
- Tris(2-methoxyethoxy)vinylsilane: Used to manufacture rubber and plastic, it is considered reprotoxic.
- 6,6′-di-tert-butyl-2,2′-methylenedi-p-cresol (DBMC): Often used as an additive in the rubber industry and in lubricants, greases, adhesives, sealants, hydraulic fluids, and metalworking fluids; it is considered reprotoxic.
- S-(tricyclo[5.2.1.02,6] deca-3-en-8(or 9)-yl) o-(isopropyl or isobutyl or 2-ethylhexyl) o-(isopropyl or isobutyl or 2-ethylhexyl) phosphorodithioate: Used to formulate lubricants and greases, it is considered persistent, bioaccumulative, and toxic (PBT).
Please note the information requirements that apply to you as a manufacturer or importer:
- You must update the safety data sheets for these substances.
- You must notify the ECHA over the SCIP database when your products contain one or more of these chemicals in a concentration greater than 0.1% by mass.
Do you deal with products that contain SVHC? Contact us at any time at email@example.com.