On August 25, 2021, the German Federal Law Gazette published the Ordinance on the Reordering of National Substatutory Regulations for Biocide Products. It replaces the Biocide Licensing Ordinance immediately and the Biocide Reporting Ordinance on January 1, 2022.
The most important change in the ChemBiozidDV is that certain biocide products may be sold only after consultation with specialists. The German Cabinet approved this prohibition on self-service sales in May of this year. The regulation takes effect on January 1, 2025 for the following biocide products:
- Rodenticides (product type 14)
- Insecticides (product type 18)
- Wood preservatives (product-type 8)
- Antifouling products (product type 21)
- Preservatives of construction material (product type 10)
Please contact us at any time with questions about biocidal products at firstname.lastname@example.org.